Terms and Services
Welcome to The CV Masters Market
1. Hi, we’re The CV Masters and welcome! We’re happy to have you here and we hope you enjoy your stay. When we say ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘The CV Masters’ it’s because that’s who we are and we own and run the The CV Masters Market sites.
2. The CV Masters’s ecosystem of digital marketplaces helps millions of people around the world get creative and earn online. When you create an account and accept these terms you become a member of our community. You will have a The CV Masters Market account that will allow you to buy and sell items like the ones found on the The CV Masters Market sites and make other related transactions.
3. The The CV Masters Market sites are platforms that allow members to buy and sell licenses to use digital items like website themes, production music, motion graphics project files, software code, vectors, images and much, much more. On The CV Masters Market, buyers and authors (sellers) transact with each other directly and we provide the platform to allow the transactions to happen. If you have an The CV Masters Market account, any transactions are logged on your member’s statement, which records the payments made by you to authors via The CV Masters Market (as a buyer) and by buyers via The CV Masters Market to you (as an author).
4. The items on The CV Masters Market are owned by the authors, not by us. The items on The CV Masters Market are uploaded at the direction of the author. We provide the platform services; we do not take ownership of the items.
5. During your time with us you agree to follow the ground rules outlined in these terms so please read and understand them. If you don’t accept the terms then we’ll be sad, but you will need to leave because your presence on and use of the The CV Masters Market sites is conditional on your acceptance to be bound by these terms and the Acceptable Use Policy whether you become a member or not.
The CV Masters Websites
6. You can also access The CV Masters Websites via the The CV Masters Market sites. The products offered on The CV Masters Websites (which include hosted theme and hosted starter site subscriptions) are offered by The CV Masters Hosted and The CV Masters Sites and are subject to separate terms and conditions, which you can access here: The CV Masters Hosted Terms and The CV Masters Sites Terms. To avoid any doubt, the The CV Masters Market terms do not apply to the products offered via The CV Masters Websites.
7. Preview Files: If you stream or download a preview file from our The CV Masters Market sites, you agree that you will not remove any watermarking or other protective measures from the preview file. You agree that you will use the preview file solely for the purposes of evaluating a purchase from The CV Masters Market sites and not for any other purpose.
How browsing and membership works
8. Browsing: You need to be 16 years or over to browse the The CV Masters Market sites. We don’t knowingly collect any information from anyone aged 16 or under. When browsing the sites you agree to follow our guidelines or instructions and keep in mind that these terms apply to any use of our The CV Masters Market sites whether or not you’re a member.
It is important that you understand your responsibilities as a member of our community so please take the time to review this section and the The CV Masters Market Terms carefully.12. Referrals: As a part of our Affiliate Program, if you refer a new member to any of our The CV Masters Market sites you may be eligible to receive affiliate income. You can find out more about the Affiliate Program and the terms applying to referrals here.
How buying items works
This section will help you understand what you are buying when you purchase an item and how that transaction takes place on The CV Masters Market.13. What you’re buying:
To learn more about item support, like what items are covered, what authors provide, the support period and support extension options, see the item support policy.
You can read more about the awesome buyer services buyers get from us over at Why Buy From Us information page
14. The total price for an item on The CV Masters Market is made up of :
The list price is made up of the item price and buyer fee, and is the price you see on an item page.
Transacting as a buyer:
15. If you have an The CV Masters Market account, you can make payments by using the ‘Buy Now’ function or by using any existing The CV Masters Credits in your The CV Masters Market account.
16. The CV Masters Credits: Existing The CV Masters Credits can only be used to pay for The CV Masters Market transactions. We do not refund any monies originally placed into your The CV Masters Market account to buy The CV Masters Credits (but you may have rights under an applicable consumer law, which we don’t exclude).
17. If you choose to buy using any existing The CV Masters Credits, the total price will be deducted from your The CV Masters Credits. If you haven’t used your The CV Masters Credits within 12 months they may expire from the date of purchase. See section 24 for details about the expiry of The CV Masters Credits.
18. When using Buy Now you will be redirected to a payment method provider.
19. Currency conversion costs: You are responsible for all costs of currency conversion relating to a transaction on The CV Masters Market. Your financial institution does the currency conversion and may charge you additional fees (we don’t control either the conversion rates or your financial institution’s fees).
This means that you may incur additional costs when purchasing from The CV Masters Market, which we have no control over.
20. Terms of buying: When you buy an The CV Masters Market item you’re doing so on the following terms:
It is important that you understand the terms on which you are making a purchase. Please take the time to review this section carefully. See our Help Center article for information about account limits.
21. Warranties we make:
22. Warranties authors make:
The author of an item you buy warrants to you that:
This is what authors are promising you when you buy an item.
24. The CV Masters Credits expire: The CV Masters Credits expire if not used within 12 months from the date of purchase, and will be forfeited on the 12 month anniversary of the purchase date. We generally try to tell you beforehand when The CV Masters Credits are going to expire and be forfeited, but this is not always possible and don’t promise to warn you. Check your member’s statement regularly for details of expiry dates. If you have different rights under an applicable consumer law, we don’t exclude them.
If you haven’t used your The CV Masters Credits within 12 months they may expire.
25. Items with an incorrect price or incorrect information: Despite our reasonable efforts, items may occasionally be listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information. If this happens, we may cancel or reverse a transaction, even after it is completed and a payment has been processed. If we do this, we’ll promptly arrange for any payment to be credited or refunded and you must not use the item unless you re-purchase it at the correct price.
26. Given the nature of digital content, a refund or credit on a purchase is not granted unless one of the warranties given by the author in section 22 has been breached, or a refund is required under the The CV Masters Market Refund Rules or Australian consumer law or other relevant consumer protection laws. If you would like to request a refund see this Help Centre article.
27. We will assess refund or credit requests (if you have an The CV Masters Market account) on their merits, considering the digital nature of The CV Masters Market items and the type of item preview that was available before purchase. There is generally no obligation to provide a refund or credit in situations like the following:
28. If the author or we decide to issue a refund or credit (if you have an The CV Masters Market account), this will generally be done using the same manner used to make the purchase. So if the item was purchased using The CV Masters Credits, you will be given credit in The CV Masters Credits; if the item was purchased using a particular payment method you will be refunded using the same payment method in reverse. Any payment made to you (not The CV Masters Credits) will be made in US Dollars, under the rules of the payment method (see section 19 – Currency conversion costs about currency conversion back to your local currency).
It is important that you understand how refunds work on The CV Masters Market.
29. Disputes lodged with payment agents: If, as a buyer via your The CV Masters Market account, you lodge a dispute with a payment agent, this will result in a freezing of your The CV Masters Market account until the dispute raised with the payment agent has been cancelled. This makes it very complex to resolve any related issues, and means we cannot make payments or issue refunds out of your The CV Masters Market account, so we encourage buyers to contact us directly first to see if we can help resolve any concerns.
30. Fine print: We are not a bank or licensed deposit taker in Australia or elsewhere, your credits are not deposits under Australian law about banks, and that means you don’t get the benefit of any deposit insurance or guarantee under those laws. We don’t act as a fiduciary or as a trustee for you, and we’re not a licensed financial service provider.
Becoming an author
31. If you want to get involved in our community as an author, you can sign up and find out more here. Remember that if you become an author these terms will continue to apply, along with the Author Terms you’ll sign up to as an author.
32. What we own: We own all the The CV Masters content that we have put on The CV Masters Market (unless otherwise stated and excluding content owned by others). This includes the design, compilation, and look and feel of the The CV Masters Market sites, and copyright, trademarks, designs and other intellectual property on The CV Masters Market. We own all the trademarks, logos, service marks and trade names on The CV Masters Market (unless otherwise stated and excluding these things owned by others). You will not copy, distribute, modify or make derivative works of any of our The CV Masters Content or use any of our intellectual property in any way not expressly stated in these terms.
33. What we don’t own: We do not own the items on The CV Masters Market; our authors do. Items are uploaded at the direction of the author. So we cannot take responsibility for the quality, safety or legality of the items. We do not warrant that the items or any member content, code, data or materials available on or via the The CV Masters Market do not infringe the intellectual property rights of a third party. (Each author provides promises to you directly when you purchase their item – see section 22 – Warranties authors make).
34. Copyright, trademark and intellectual property claims: We respect the intellectual property rights of others and we require that authors do the same. If you believe that an item or member content infringes an intellectual property right (including copyright) please see the information in our Intellectual Property Policy.
Our Intellectual Property Policy is where you will find all the information relating to how we treat intellectual property on The CV Masters Market including copyright and other rights.
35. Model and property releases: Items are available for commercial use (unless stated otherwise by the Author on an item page). Authors are responsible for obtaining and keeping a model or property release if one is needed; please ask the author directly if you need a copy of a release.
Our use of your information
38. Prohibited Conduct: We strongly recommend that you don’t make your contact details public on the The CV Masters Market or in any public communications via the The CV Masters Market sites. Contact details include your email address, street address, Skype name and phone number (but not social network handles). If you do, it must not be for any reason prohibited under the Acceptable Use Policy and you do so at your risk!
39. Content removal: We can look at or remove any of your content for any reason at our discretion. Reasons might include quality assurance, if we receive a valid copyright take-down notice or General IPR Notice, if we think that the content is unauthorised, misleading, incorrect, offensive, or in breach of anyone else’s rights, or if we think that your use of the The CV Masters Market and any content might result in liability to us or anyone else. See our Acceptable Use Policy for further details.
40. Community participation: We take great pride in our global and thriving community—it’s part of what makes the The CV Masters Market great. We focus on transparency and mutual respect and invite you to participate, give feedback and have your say. Before participating on The CV Masters Market, please read the Community Guidelines, as you agree to follow them as part of these terms.
Linking; apps made by others
41. Linking to the The CV Masters Market: We’d be delighted if you decide to link to The CV Masters Market from other sites but you have to link to a full version of a page and not link directly to an image or file hosted on The CV Masters Market. That includes no “in-line” linking methods resulting in images hosted on The CV Masters Market being displayed on other sites. You must not “frame” any The CV Masters Market pages by surrounding those pages with someone else’s content, materials or branding. We reserve the right to insist that any link to the The CV Masters Market be discontinued, and to revoke your ability to link to the The CV Masters Market.
42. Links from the The CV Masters Market: The The CV Masters Market sites may contain links to other non-The CV Masters sites. We have no control or responsibility over anything on those sites, and do not endorse or sponsor those sites, even if they are affiliated to us.
43. Third party developers: We welcome the contribution of our members and broader community, who offer applications that work with The CV Masters Market. You will need to form your own view about these applications and their developers; we’re not able to warrant or endorse those applications and disclaim liability relating to these applications.
44. Eligibility, suspension or termination: Membership is not an automatic right, it is a benefit for community members who follow our terms and policies and treat other community members well. We hope that you will be with us for a long time. But we may, using reasonable discretion, decide whether or not your use of The CV Masters Market complies with these terms and our policies. We can suspend or terminate your The CV Masters Market account at any time for any reason (acting reasonably of course), including if you:
If we do decide to permanently terminate your The CV Masters Market account you must not apply for a new account as unfortunately you will no longer be welcome in our community. This decision may also apply to all of your The CV Masters accounts you use on other The CV Masters sites.
45. The CV Masters Companies: If an indemnity, limitation or disclaimer of liability, warranty or release (a ‘benefit’) is given in our favour in these terms, the Author Terms or Affiliate Terms, we hold that benefit on trust for the other The CV Masters Companies. We may enforce that benefit as trustee for and on behalf of the other The CV Masters Companies as beneficiaries under that trust.
46. We may use the services of another The CV Masters Company to conduct payment or other activities with you, like collecting payments and paying author earnings. If you make a Buy Now payment, we receive your payment as a limited agent for the author and your obligation to pay the author is met when we (or another The CV Masters Company) receive the payment successfully.
Liability and indemnity - between us and you
47. We provide the The CV Masters Market sites and the platform services, not the items on the The CV Masters Market sites.
48. You indemnify us against all losses, costs (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis), expenses, demands or liability that we incur arising out of, or in connection with, a third party claim against us relating to your use of The CV Masters Market and any content you post to The CV Masters Market (including, if you are an author, your items).
49. If you are a buyer, you agree that we are not responsible for, and you release us from liability arising out of or in connection with:
50. Our liability to you in connection with The CV Masters Market or these terms, in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, is limited as follows:
These sections mean that you protect us from costs and claims that happen because of your actions on the site, and that our liability to you is limited.
We may, at our expense, assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter you indemnify us against, and if so you agree to cooperate with us.
Liability and indemnity - between authors and buyers
51. Each author grants to each buyer of the author’s items a limited indemnity on the following terms:
52. The liability of each author to their buyers is otherwise limited, for each item purchased, to the author’s earnings from the payment for that item, except to the extent that the author’s liability arises from wilful misrepresentations made about the item.
This means that the author’s liability to buyers is limited.
53. Availability: We strive to have The CV Masters Market available to you 24 hours a day, seven days a week but you know how the internet works: occasionally you might not be able to access The CV Masters Market, and this might happen for any reason, at any time, with or without notice, or at our absolute discretion. We might also change aspects of how The CV Masters Market works. The The CV Masters Companies will not be liable to you for any loss you suffer as a result of these things.
54. Third Party: If you’re agreeing to these terms on behalf of someone else (like your employer), then you’re promising to us that you have full legal authority to bind that third party.
55. Consumer laws: In some places there may be non-excludable warranties, guarantees or other rights (‘non-excludable consumer guarantees’). We do not exclude, restrict or modify non-excludable consumer guarantees in these terms. Except for non-excludable consumer guarantees, we and authors are bound only by the express warranties made in these terms. Our and each author’s liability for breach of a non-excludable consumer guarantee is limited, at our or the author’s option, to replacing or paying the cost of replacing the relevant item or service, (unless the non-excludable consumer guarantee says otherwise).
56. Blocking a member, disabling an account or refusing to process a payment. We may block you, terminate any of your The CV Masters accounts or refuse to process a payment, including withholding your account balance indefinitely, if we reasonably believe there is a risk associated with you, your The CV Masters account, or that payment, including if it breaches a law or regulation. Examples of where we might do this include transactions where we suspect the payment is from or to a person or country sanctioned by an authority (like the United Nations, the United States government or the Australian government); or where we reasonably believe there is a legal or regulatory risk or a risk of loss being suffered by us or our members. You warrant that you are not located in a sanctioned country and are not on a sanctioned persons list. You also warrant that you will not purchase items on The CV Masters Market using funds sourced from a sanctioned country. We may also block members from a country if we can’t make payments to or from that country. You should check what payment methods are available in your country for making payments as a buyer or for withdrawing earnings as an author. We may take any of the actions stated in this section without notice and against all of your The CV Masters accounts you use on other The CV Masters sites. If required by law we may forfeit existing deposits or earnings.
As our sites are global, there are different laws that may apply and these may restrict our relationship with you. See this Help Center article for some details.
57. US-specific controls. The CV Masters Market is not available to anyone located in any U.S. sanctioned countries or to anyone on the U.S Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals List (SDN list). You must not export or re-export The CV Masters Market items to a U.S. sanctioned country or to anyone on the SDN list.
58. Relationship between the parties: Nothing in these terms is to be construed as constituting a partnership, joint venture, employment or agency relationship between you and us, or between you and any other member. Neither you nor us can bind each other in any way. We are, however, an agent of the authors only for the limited purposes of collecting Buy Now payments (see section 46), the authors’ providing warranties to buyers in section 22 – Warranties authors make, to limit authors’ liability to buyers in section 52, and the disclaimer of authors’ liability to buyers in section 55 – Consumer laws.
59. Notices: Any notice you send us must be submitted via a help request. Any notice we send to you will be emailed to your The CV Masters Market account email address.
60. Changes to The CV Masters Market Terms: We may change these terms at any time and, if we make changes, we will take reasonable steps to let our community know about the changes. You can also keep track of whether changes have been made to our terms by referring to the version and effective date at the footer of the terms. You can close your Market Account and terminate your agreement with us at any time if you do not agree to the changes. However, if you continue to use The CV Masters Market sites after the changes are made, then you will be agreeing to the changes.
61. Interpretation: Words like ‘include’ and ‘including’ are not words of limitation and where anything is within our discretion we mean our sole discretion.
62. Applicable Laws: We control and operate The CV Masters Market from our offices in Australia. The laws of Victoria, Australia govern these terms, and you submit to the jurisdiction of the courts there for the resolution of any dispute between us.
a member who makes items available for sale on The CV Masters Market.
includes downloading an item that is made available for free on The CV Masters Market or that is purchased for you by another member.
a way of purchasing an item using a payment provider (and not using existing The CV Masters Credits)
a person who ‘buys’ items on The CV Masters Market.
the fee for the services buyers get from The CV Masters like 24/7 support, fraud protection, item quality control and other related buyers’ services.
The CV Masters:
The CV Masters Pty Ltd (ABN 11 119 159 741).
The CV Masters Companies:
The CV Masters and any company that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with The CV Masters.
The CV Masters content:
is all the content that we have put on The CV Masters Market and includes the design, compilation, and look and feel of the The CV Masters Market, and copyright, trademarks, designs and other intellectual property on the The CV Masters Market (unless otherwise stated and excluding content owned by others like author content).
The CV Masters Market:
When we refer to the ‘The CV Masters Market’ we’re talking about the The CV Masters digital marketplaces, which include these sites:
The CV Masters Market account:
what you receive when you become a Member which gives you access to any of the The CV Masters Market sites.
EU Member State:
the countries listed here: https://europa.eu/about-eu/countries/index_en.htm
the fee buyers may pay when using a payment method (other than existing The CV Masters credits).
the price buyers pay for the license to use an item, as detailed in section 13(a).
the support an author agrees to provide The CV Masters Market account holders for an item marked as ‘supported’ as detailed on the item support page.
digital goods found on The CV Masters Market like WordPress themes, background music, After Effects project files, photography and much, much more.
the price you see on an item page on The CV Masters Market, which is made up of the item price and buyer fee.
a person who signs up by creating an account and accepting these terms.
the record of payments by you to The CV Masters (as a buyer) and by The CV Masters to you (as an author).
any payment agent or method we make available on the The CV Masters Market.
the price the buyer will pay in total, which consists of the item price, The CV Masters’s buyer fee and handling fee (if applicable) and any taxes that may be added, as detailed in section 14.
everything that you post on the The CV Masters Market, or send via the The CV Masters Market to other members and to us including items, files, communications and materials.
Version 7.2 – Effective date: October 5, 2018.